One of the key factors of Penn-Ohio Electric’s success and growth in the last forty years is its concern for the safety and health of our employees. The management team realizes that providing a safe, healthy work atmosphere will provide employees with an enjoyable work experience. Being committed to providing a Drug-Free Workplace, employees are subject to random drug testing as a condition of employment with Penn-Ohio Electric. If an accident occurs on a job site immediate drug testing is required.
All Penn-Ohio Electric Employees receive safety training on a yearly basis in:
• Hazard Communication Program
• Confined Space Entry Program
• Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout / Tag out)
• Electrical / Arc Flash Safety Program
• Fall Protection Program
• Fire Safety & Emergency Evacuation Plan
• Forklifts & Other Industrial Trucks
• Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
• Job Site Safety
• Personal Protective Equipment Program
• Asbestos Awareness
Bi-weekly safety programs are conducted to raise safety awareness, alerting employees or potential hazards on job sites, not only for the safety of out employees but other tradesman or customers who may be working at the job site. Job foreman are required to maintain a copy of Penn-Ohio Electric's safety programs on job sites at all times.
Our motto is "100% Safety needs no Luck" and we strive to instill this in all of our employees.